Long-Term Insurance 2020
CPD Accreditation detail:
Professional Body: Compliance Institute Southern Africa
CPD hour allocation: CPD Hours (online learning): 9 CPD hours
CPD registration number: GiE20181000057
Who should register?
- Key Individuals and Representatives who have met the competency requirements in other Classes of Business.
- Key Individuals and Representatives not under supervision in this Class of Business, as a refresher and to earn CPD hours.
About the course:
Learners will gain enough knowledge and understanding of specific long-term insurance policies to render financial services adequately.
The course will provide learners with enough knowledge to determine the appropriateness of a product in terms of the client’s specific needs.
The following subclasses will be covered in this course:
- Assistance policies
- Life risk policies
- Life investment policies
- Fund policies
- Sinking fund policies
- Long-term reinsurance policies
At the end of this course, the learner will have core knowledge of the following:
- the range of financial products in long-term insurance
- the general characteristics, terms and features of long-term insurance products
- the fee structures, charges and other costs associated with these products
- general risks associated with purchasing or investing in one of the long-term insurance products
- the appropriateness of these products for different clients
- the typical role players in the long-term insurance industry
- the impact of applicable legislation
- the impact of economic and environmental factors on long-term insurance
- the inter-relationship between long term insurance and other classes of business
- industry standards and codes