Investment Planning is a wide and complex arena to play in. Most aspects are out of our control. It is for this reason that we must investigate and study the things that are within our control, understand them and then create structures and frameworks within which we can advise clients.
Investment Planning concepts spill over to Retirement Planning because we apply Investment Planning frameworks and structures to create a Retirement Planning strategy.
An investment strategy will be successful if we deeply understand the client, their needs, and their wants and we follow a process consistently. A major part of Investment Planning is managing behavior, not just getting the asset allocation right or choosing the right fund manager.
It is important to align yourself with the right product providers, have the right process and to construct portfolios that are truly diversified and that is aligned with the client’s goals and the identified constraints.
If this is what you want for your business and your clients, then this is the course for you.
What to expect
We study specific elements of Investment Planning:
- The importance of a house view;
- Role of Due Diligence;
- Information required to do Investment Planning;
- Objectives and constraints;
- Asset Allocation;
- Constructing a portfolio;
- True diversification;
- Impact of fees;
- Value adding propositions;
- Basic knowledge of investment planning;
- Good understanding of investment and retirement products;
- Eagerness to learn.
The course is rated as Intermediate, as it is expected that you have a good understanding of the basics already. You will greatly benefit from this course and have more knowledge and skills to grow your practice and to increase the value you offer your clients. We go into detail and therefore this is not an introductory course. It is an intermediary course that may include some introductory elements.
Who must enroll in the course
- Financial Planners & Advisers;
- Broker Consultants who want to provide enhanced value to their panel;
- Sales and Branch Managers;
- Franchise Principals;
- Key Individuals;
- Support staff that helps with the Financial Planning process;
- Students studying an NQF5, 6, 7 or 8 qualification in Wealth Management / Financial Planning.
- Total CPD points on successful completion: 3
- Approval number: FPI19060021