Short & Long-Term Deposits
CPD Accreditation detail:
Professional Body: IOBSA
CPD hour allocation: CPD Hours (online learning): 7 CPD hours
CPD registration number: IOB105
Learners will gain sufficient knowledge and understanding of long- and short-term deposits to render financial services adequately.
The course will provide learners with enough knowledge to determine the client’s specific needs and advise on an appropriate investment product.
At the end of this course, the learner will have core knowledge of the following:
- the products available under long- and short-term deposits
- the general characteristics, terms and features of these products
- the fee structures, charges and other costs associated with these products
- general risks associated with investing in long- or short-term deposits
- the appropriateness of these products for different clients
- the typical role players in the banking industry
- the impact of applicable legislation
- the impact of economic and environmental factors on long- and short-term deposits
- industry standards and codes
The following topics are covered:
- Determine the client’s need
- Calculate the interest on a deposit
- Communicate the various investment product options to the client
- Communicate product features, benefits, rules, fees and costs and tax implications
- Requirements of the specific code of conduct for Short-Term and Long-Term deposits
WHO SHOULD REGISTER?
- Existing Key Individuals and Representatives who are under supervision in a sub category.
- Newly appointed Key Individuals and Representatives.
- Existing Key Individuals and Representatives not under supervision as a refresher and to earn CPD hours.