Short-Term Insurance: Commercial Lines
CPD Accreditation detail:
Professional Body: IOBSA
CPD hour allocation: CPD Hours (online learning): 8 CPD hours
CPD registration number: IOB102
Who should register?
Key Individuals and Representatives not under supervision in this Class of Business, as a refresher and to earn CPD hours.
About the course:
Learners will gain sufficient knowledge and understanding of specific short-term insurance policies to render financial services adequately.
The course will provide learners with enough knowledge to determine the appropriateness of a product in terms of the client’s specific needs.
The following subclasses will be covered in this course:
- Accident and health policy
- Liability policy
- Miscellaneous policy
- Motor policy
- Property policy
- Transportation policy
- Short-term reinsurance policy
At the end of this course, the learner will have core knowledge of the following:
- the range of financial products in short-term insurance: Personal Lines
- the general characteristics, terms and features of specific short-term insurance products
- the fee structures, charges and other costs associated with these specific products
- general risks associated with purchasing one of the short-term insurance products
- the typical role players in the short-term industry
- the impact of applicable legislation
- the inter-relationship between short-term insurance and other classes of business
- industry standards and codes