FAIS and the Financial Services Sector
CPD Accreditation detail:
Professional Body: IOBSA
CPD hour allocation: CPD Hours (online learning): 5 CPD hours
CPD registration number: IOB100
Learners will gain sufficient knowledge and understanding of all the aspects that are generic to the various classes of business. Instead of repeating the aspects in every course, it is only done once. This course is compulsory and a Class of Business Certificate will only be issued if the Generic Course is successfully completed.
The course will provide learners with knowledge on the following generic topics:
- The FAIS Act.
- The different classes of business and their products.
- Financial Institutions within the South African Financial Services Sector.
- Industry standards and codes of conduct.
- Disclosures and Conflict of Interest.
At the end of this course, the learner will have core knowledge of the following:
- the typical role players in the financial services industry.
- the economic and environmental factors that have an impact on the financial services industry.
- the impact of applicable legislation.
- the inter-relationship between the various classes of business.
- industry standards and codes.
WHO SHOULD REGISTER?
- Existing Key Individuals and Representatives who are under supervision in a particular sub category.
- Newly appointed Key Individuals and Representatives.
No minimum requirement.