CPD Accreditation detail:
Professional Body: Compliance Institute Southern Africa
CPD hour allocation: CPD Hours (online learning): 4 CPD hours
CPD registration number: GiE20181000054
Learners will gain sufficient knowledge and understanding of all the aspects that are generic to the various classes of business. This course is offered as a stand alone CPD course and will provide learners with knowledge on the following generic topics:
- The FAIS Act
- The different classes of business defined in BN 194 of 2017
- Financial Institutions within the South African Financial Services sector
- Industry standards and codes of conducts relevant to the various classes of business
- Economic cycles and environmental factors
- Risks to which classes of business are exposed to
At the end of this course, the learner will have core knowledge of the following:
- general risks associated with the nine classes of business as well as the sub-classes where applicable
- Investment and risk principles to be considered in the various classes of business
- the typical role players in the financial services industry
- the economic and environmental factors that have an impact on the financial services industry
- the impact of applicable legislation
- the inter-relationship between the various classes of business
- industry standards and codes
WHO SHOULD REGISTER?
- Existing Key Individuals and Representatives who are under supervision in a particular sub-category.
- Newly appointed Key Individuals and Representatives.
- Existing Key Individuals and Representatives not under supervision as a refresher and to earn CPD hours.
No minimum requirement.