CPD - Investments Class 7
CPD Accreditation detail:
Professional Body: Compliance Institute Southern Africa
CPD hour allocation: CPD Hours (online learning): 11 CPD hours
CPD registration number: GiE20200200036
Learners will gain sufficient knowledge and understanding of investments to advise on suitable investment solutions for clients.
The course will provide learners with enough knowledge to be familiar with an investor’s risk analysis, the various investment instruments available and a selection of an appropriate investment solution for the client.
The following investment instruments will be covered in this course:
- Money market instruments
- Debentures and securitised debt
- Derivative instruments, warrants, certificates or other instruments
- Securities and instruments
- Participatory interests in a collective investment scheme
- Participatory interest in a CIS hedge fund
Retail Pension Benefits has also been included under investments.
At the end of this course, the learner will have core knowledge of the following:
- the range of investment instruments available
- the general characteristics, terms and features of these instruments
- the fee structures, charges and other costs associated with these investment types
- general risks associated with investing in these instruments
- the appropriateness of each investment instrument for different clients
- the typical role players in the investment industry
- the impact of applicable legislation
- the impact of economic and environmental factors on investments
- industry standards and codes
WHO SHOULD REGISTER?
- Existing Key Individuals and Representatives who are under supervision in a sub category.
- Newly appointed Key Individuals and Representatives.
- Existing Key Individuals and Representatives not under supervision as a refresher and to earn CPD hours.