Structured Deposits 2021
CPD Accreditation detail:
Professional Body: IOBSA
CPD hour allocation: CPD Hours (online learning): 7 CPD hours
CPD registration number: IOB106
Learners will gain sufficient knowledge and understanding of structured deposits to render financial services adequately.
The course will provide learners with enough knowledge to determine the client’s specific needs and advise on an appropriate structured product.
At the end of this course, the learner will have core knowledge of the following:
- the range of structured products
- the general characteristics, terms and features of these products
- the fee structures, charges and other costs associated with these products
- general risks associated with investing in structured deposits
- the appropriateness of these products for different clients
- the typical role players in the investment industry
- the impact of applicable legislation
- the impact of economic and environmental factors on structured deposits
- industry standards and codes
The following topics are covered:
- Investment Planning – An Overview
- Risk Profiles
- What is a structured deposit?
- Types of structured deposits
- Calculation of a structured deposit return
- Terms to be included with structured deposits
- Risks associated with structured deposits
- Tax implications of structured products
- Typical fees and charges
- Who should invest in structured deposits?
- Advantages and disadvantages of structured deposits
- Regulations, Industry standards and codes of conduct relevant to the investment industry
WHO SHOULD REGISTER?
- Existing Key Individuals and Representatives who are under supervision in a sub category.
- Newly appointed Key Individuals and Representatives.
- Existing Key Individuals and Representatives not under supervision as a refresher and to earn CPD hours.