Short-Term Insurance: Personal Lines 2020
CPD Accreditation detail:
Professional Body: Compliance Institute Southern Africa
CPD hour allocation: CPD Hours (online learning): 9 CPD hours
CPD registration number: GiE20200200029
Who should register?
Existing Key Individuals and Representatives who have met the competency requirements in other Classes of Business.
Existing Key Individuals and Representatives not under supervision in this Class of Business, as a refresher and to earn CPD hours.
About the course:
Learners will gain sufficient knowledge and understanding of specific short-term insurance policies to render financial services adequately.
The course will provide learners with enough knowledge to determine the appropriateness of a product in terms of the client’s specific needs.
The following subclasses will be covered in this course:
- Accident and health policy
- Liability policy
- Miscellaneous policy
- Motor policy
- Property policy
- Transportation policy
- Short-term reinsurance policy
At the end of this course, the learner will have core knowledge of the following:
- the range of financial products in short-term insurance: Personal Lines
- the general characteristics, terms and features of specific short-term insurance products
- the fee structures, charges and other costs associated with these specific products
- general risks associated with purchasing one of the short-term insurance products
- the typical role players in the short-term industry
- the impact of applicable legislation
- the inter-relationship between short-term insurance and other classes of business
- industry standards and codes